About Michael Bernstein
Michael Bernstein was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan, attending Michigan State University as a student-athlete where he received a B.S. Degree in Psychology with Honors in 1978, and Nova Southeastern University Law School graduating in 1981, near the top of his class.
He started his legal career in Florida as a member of a prestigious insurance defense law firm more than 30 years ago, and in 1984, started his law firm which significantly limits itself to the representation of injured persons and families going through difficult times. He has received recognition as an Outstanding Member of the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers and is a distinguished member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America and the Broward County Trial Lawyers Association. He is a member of the Florida Bar, the Michigan Bar, several Federal Bar Associations and a member of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States of America.
Mr. Bernstein has personally handled more than 5,000 successful cases including claims of all types including automobile and trucking accidents, dog bites, premises liability, products liability, medical malpractice, police false arrest & excessive use of force, clergy misconduct including sex misconduct and defamation including libel and slander. He is also a specialist in family law matters such as divorce and child custody and has vast experience across a wide range of cases including criminal law, contract and business law and employment law.
Mr. Bernstein is a prominent legal professional; he is, however, most proud of his 17 year-old daughter Brooke. He is a single father, who enjoys spending time with her while swimming, exercising, moviegoing, skiing & traveling.
- Dean’s List, Nova Southeastern University Law School
- Former Chief Advocate, Moot Court Society, Nova Southeastern University Law School
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Outstanding Membership Recognition, The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- President’s Club, The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Past Member of the Rotary Club and the Tower Club
- Selected as a Leading American Attorney, 1998
- Received distinguished “AV” rating by Martindale Hubbell Legal Publication, 1998 to present
- Board of Directors – Broward County Trial Lawyers Association, 2005 to 2008
- Member of Million Dollar Trial Lawyers since 2013
- Received perfect 10 out of 10 rating by AVVO, 2015
- Selected as a Top Lawyer in South Florida, 2016